What to pack for your caravan trip?
Ok, well we’re not going to be able to tell you everything you need to pack for your caravan trip seen as everyone has different needs. I might need to bring a travel cot and you might not need one. If it’s your first time away in a caravan you mightn’t know where to start with the packing though. So, this post is to try help with that first trip. And once you’ve had your first trip without forgetting anything important, you won’t be able to wait for your next trip away.
The easiest way to start this is to give you a list of what you won’t need..
Here’s what Caravan Hire supplies…
- Cutlery (enough supplied for the berth of the caravan)
- Delph (4-6 plates, 4-6 side plates, 4-6 bowls & 4-6 cups)
- Pots and pans (2 pots and 1 pan)
- Bed Linen (we supply enough for each bed)
- Toilet Rolls (4)
- Kitchen Roll (1)
- Gas Cylinder
- Outside table and chairs (at extra hire cost)
- Generator (at extra hire cost)
Ok, so what should you pack for your caravan trip?
Well now you know what you won’t need, here are a few things you might need to remember to bring, or to buy when you arrive at your destination,
- Extra toilet rolls (if needed)
- Washing up liquid, tea towels and sponges
- Teabags, coffee, sugar and milk
- Board games, deck of cards (things like this are great for the evenings, or if you get a rainy day)
- Sunscreen and rain gear (because in Ireland you never know which you’ll need!)
- A football
- Device chargers
- Bin bags
- A large bag for separating dirty laundry
A few tips for getting ready..
I have found our Google Chromecast great to have with us for the night time. You can snuggle up in the comfort of the caravan with your favourite Netflix show. If there isn’t great WiFi where you are, use mobile phones as hotspots.
To make sure your trip isn’t stressful before you’ve even left the driveway, have a checklist ready. Include everything you need to pack and what you need to buy when you get there. Keep the list close by while you’re away. If you find you forgot something, or thought of something that would have made the trip more enjoyable, add it to the list for your next getaway.
Remember that although the caravans have ample storage space, you don’t want to be packing things you won’t use or need. You don’t want to feel cramped inside because you brought too much stuff, and it’ll be easier to tow without the extra weight. Keep to your list and only pack the essentials.
It’s a good idea to have your car full of fuel before heading off. It can be tricky getting around the fuel pumps with a caravan in tow so don’t make any unnecessary fuel stops.
I’ve found the best trips I’ve had away are the ones I prepared for. No stressful last minute packing, no moments of ‘oh crap, I forgot…’ And because I had a list ready of what we needed to buy when we arrived, we had more time to relax and enjoy the trip. We hope you enjoy yours too!
Next is deciding where to go. Read our post to help with Choosing a Campsite.